The relocation procedure can be very difficult and stressful, particularly if you are a pet owner. Whether you are moving to another city or across the street, the process can make your dogs or cats very anxious.
You need to understand your pet can be sensitive to such a sudden change, and thus, you need to make your plans accordingly. If you have little or no experience of relocating with a pet, it is advisable to follow a checklist. In such a list, you will find all the vital tasks that can make your move stress-free.
Many people prefer to hire professional removalists in Melbourne so they can concentrate on their pets throughout the relocation process. The professionals take off the excess burden of packing and loading of the belongings, so you save a lot of time. Apart from hiring professionals, there are many more tasks that will help you to move with your pet smoothly.
Here is a complete checklist for moving with pets.
It is the ideal time to start your preparations. At this point of time, you need to do a lot of research and perform tasks that will kick start the overall process.
• Decide the mode of transport: The distance of your new house will determine whether you will take your pet in the car or by air.
• Start your research: Know about the documents that you will require, the process to relocate your pet by air and so on.
• Schedule a vet visit: If you are planning to relocate your pet by air, you will need a certificate from your vet, so schedule a visit.
• Hire Professionals: To experience a hassle-free move and get more time for your pet, you need professional help. Thus, contact a removals company.
Once you are done with the research part, it is time to start your preparation. It is the most important phase because you need to perform all the crucial tasks.
• Purchase a Pet Travel Crate: To relocate your dog or cat, particularly by air, you need a pet travel crate. Make sure the International Air Transport Association approves it.
• Visit the Vet: Before you make a long-distance journey, visit your vet for a thorough check-up of your dog. Make sure your pet get the vaccination, flea and tick treatments properly.
• Visit Your New Place: If your new place is only a few hour drive, take the pets with you so they can get familiar with the new place.
• Contact a Pet Care Centre: You might need to keep the pets away on a moving day to avoid distraction. So contact a nearby pet care centre and book a date.
By this time, you should complete all the essential tasks and start focusing on things that will directly make an impact on your moving day.
• Pack Your Pet Belongings: Pack all your pet belongings such as pet food, treats and chews, dog waste bags, medicines, etc., into a box and label it.
• Familiarise your pets with the crate: 6 to 7 days before you relocate, train your dog or cat to rest and play inside the crate.
• Remind the Removalists: Even if you have hired experienced removalists in Melbourne, contact them once more and remind them about the moving day.
It is the most important day of the relocation process, so make sure everything goes as per the plan. If you are relocating to another city, then you need to move them by air. Hire a company that will transport your pet and follow their instruction. If you are relocating your pet by car, do the following things.
• Put Your Pets Away: Ask a friend or family member to keep your pet in a separate room so they do not cause any problem.
• Send them to Pet Care Centre: If there is no one to help you, send them to a nearby pet care centre until you are ready to relocate.
• Take Frequent Break While Travelling: When your pet is travelling with you in the car, do not forget to take frequent breaks. It will help them to stay relax in the chaos of relocation.
Once you are moved to your new place, you need to make sure that your new home is appropriate for the pet. Also, make efforts so they feel comfortable in their new home.
• Make Your House Pet Proof: After relocating, make sure that all the electricity points are appropriately covered and cords are tucked. Also, check if the doors and windows are properly locked.
• Unpack Your Pet Belongings: Once you are done with the unloading process, first unpack your pet belongings and set up the area. It will allow them to relax.
• Spend Time with Your Pet: Stay with your pet and help them to get familiar with the house. If you have a dog, then take your dog with you for a walk in your new neighbourhood.
Moving with pets doesn’t have to be so confusing and challenging. All you need to do is a little planning in advance and follow the complete checklist that is mentioned above. If you want to spend more time with your pet to ensure their safety, hire a reputed removals company in Melbourne. The experts will help you to complete the relocation without any hassles.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE